- This event has passed.
The Camino of St Clare: Vignettes from her life
August 14, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am PDT
Celebrating the life and spirituality of St Clare
Saint Clare of Assisi journeyed in and around the city of Assisi for most of her life. Beginning at her home near the Cathedral of San Rufino, we will retrace Clare’s footsteps from home through the Moiano Gate to Saint Mary of the Angels where she met Francis and his companions to begin her life as a Franciscan.
The Camino of St. Clare: Vignettes from Her Life is a three-part celebration of Clare’s journey to God.
- Part 1 is a tour and history of the five significant sites during the early stages of Clare’s Franciscan journey.
- Part 2 is a deeper examination of Clare’s spirituality, relationship to God and her sisters, and the miracles which she performed — all during her 40 years at San Damiano convent. Drawing upon resources from Clare’s writings, the testimony of witnesses at her canonization, and historical references, we will hear memoirs that might have been from Clare’s mother, Ortolana, and her sister, Beatrix. We will eavesdrop on a dialogue between Clare and Agnes of Prague, and hear what Clare herself had to say about the Pope ratifying her Rule of Life.
- Part 3 of The Camino of St. Clare: Vignettes from Her Life is a pictorial portrayal of events and miracles before, and after, Clare meets with Sister Death.
Space is limited. Please RSVP as soon as possible using the link below. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing the Zoom link and passcode for the event. Please add this email address to your contacts so that messages will not be put in your spam or junk folder. If you have questions or need help with reservations, please contact Debbie Clingingsmith at email@example.com.
This Franciscan Family event is brought to you by members of:
- Franciscan Federation, Region 6
- Franciscan Theology Transfer Project
- Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia in Spokane, WA
- Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity, Sisters and Associates, Arroyo Grande, CA
- St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Sacramento, CA
- St. Francis of Assisi Forming Fraternity OFS, Sacramento, CA
- St. Joseph Fraternity OFS, Baton Rouge, LA
- St. Thomas More Fraternity OFS, Berkeley, CA
Please join us for The Camino of St. Clare: Vignettes from Her Life!